The government of India has mandated the use of masks in the wake of an increase in COVID-19 cases. Since the outbreak of the pandemic, the importance of wearing masks has been widely recognised around the world.
In the fight against the COVID-19 virus, these accessories proved to be effective armour. It’s important to wear masks, but it’s also important to wear them correctly.
Here are a few effective techniques for maximising mask protection:
- When wearing a mask, try to avoid touching it, moving it, displacing it, or playing with it.
- You can wear a reliable face shield over your mask to increase your virus protection.
- If you’re using a reusable mask, make sure to wash it after each use. Masks must be used and discarded with care.
- When purchasing a mask, make certain that it is a good fit for you. An improper mask not only reduces safety, but it can also make you feel uncomfortable. Additionally, avoid wearing a mask that is too tight to avoid obstructed breathing.
- Wear a mask and keep your distance from others when you’re out in public.
- Wear a mask indoors if you’re sick at home to avoid spreading the disease.
- Mask should be worn over your mouth and nose. If your nose or lips droop from your mask, it’s as good as useless protection.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions offered in this article are for educational purposes only and must not be phrased as medical advice. Before beginning any fitness programme or making any dietary changes, always consult your physician or a dietician.